the new bond | 9:32 AM >
People who know me know I'm a pretty big Bond fan. I'd been looking forward to Quantum of Solace since I first heard it was in production. Without spoiling anything: it was a good movie with excellent stunts, but it was filmed very poorly. The intro of the movie is a prime example-- a wonderfully choreographed car chase sequence filmed from terrible angles with terrible focus. The editing doesn't help. The sequence was essentially over before my eyes were actually able to focus on anything.
I still enjoyed it, though. I think my favorite part was the Bond Girl, although she's one of the few I think should be promoted to Bond Woman.
Oh, and the rumors are true: the other Bond Girl's name really was Strawerry Fields. And she had red hair. Here's to the tradition of badly-named Bond love interests.
But the stunts: Daniel Craig took a man-beating. It looked like he did way more stunts than most actors would, and some of them were complex enough in setup that they must have required multiple takes.
Anyway, I still say it's worth a watch for Bond fans. I'm also looking forward to the end of the trilogy, which we know is coming after this weekend's box office.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home