Combo breaker | 9:23 AM >
First, if you haven't already seen it and you grew up a gamer in the 90's, google for "Obama combo breaker" and be prepared to lose milk, coffee, or soda out of nostrils.
It's funny watching what happened in the States as an American living abroad. Canadians were much more excited than I'd figured they would be. I'm seeing quoted from all over the world, both from world leaders and from regular citizens, showing support for America's new leader. Even opposing parties in some countries are in agreement about Obama.
It's interesting. Probably just as important as having someone competent in office after eight years of bad decisions, I'm looking forward to how Obama's time in office will change the low international opinion of Americans and of the United States as a whole. Not to mention how choices in American presidents have significant effects in the voices of leaders the world over. It's no coincidence that Harper and Bush look so much alike. I wonder what the next Canadian PM will look and sound like, what their policies will be.
The main thing I'm interested in seeing is how much of the damage to constitutional rights and what not Obama can overturn. I think I saw somewhere that he's okay with the DMCA, which I'm not happy with since it ignores fair use, but who knows? Maybe he can even put some of the ridiculous powers Bush granted the president to good use.
I guess we'll see come January.
"Rigging my brains out" at work (that's a Ray quote), although I think I'm back on coding today. I keep seeing people online say that writing MEL like C is a bad idea, but I'm finding more and more that I miss the structure of C, so whatever code I work on next is going to be much nicer to look at.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home