catching up | 12:14 AM >
I dreamed of zombies last night, and people forcefully raising them.
Most people who around me or Dimos know that I've been working at Red Rover. It's a really great place to work, and I've picked up a lot of neat techniques for modeling and rigging already in the short term I've been there.
But needless to say, with that going on top of Animation Mentor, I've been busy. If you've been wondering where I've been, well, there's your answer.
My grandmother died a few weeks ago, and Dad's been back with her things. She went quietly in the night after many months of pain, and I was able to see her for her last birthday in June, so I didn't feel so bad about it. There'll be a funeral of a sort in September; they put it off because she had wanted to be cremated.
I've been trying to think of ways to post up a nice little thing on my grandmother but hadn't really come up with anything. However, in with the other things my dad brought back were old photos of Grandma and Pop-pop before they had children. There are also a bunch of me, between when I was born and some time in '81, that I'd never seen before. I hope I get a chance before Christmas to scan them and put them up.
Siggraph has come and gone, and with it the two software releases I was looking forward to: Lightwave 9.5 and Cinema 4D R11. I'll likely have the latter before the former, as I'm using C4D quite often now, but I still have a soft spot for LW and the introduction of joints and FBX to 9.5 make it a more palatable choice for character animators.
Last thing: PJ Harvey's The Dancer is running around in my head on infinite loop. I've got one hell of a visual story for it, now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home