another month gone by: addendum | 5:01 PM >
I'm typing this from a restore of my Tiger backup. Yes friends, it turns out that Leopard is not all it's cracked up to be. While I loved most of the new features (Stack, the new Dock shininess, and the transparent menu bar notwithstanding), the thing I didn't like was when Leopard did something funky to my filesystem. And said funkiness was unrecoverable. Yes, I lost the whole partition.
Still don't know why it happened, either. All I know is, I did a check with Disk Utility and it said that it couldn't repair the drive because of an "invalid node." Then it stopped booting, or even mounting. Luckily, I used SuperDuper! to back up my entire Tiger partition beforehand, so the restore was relatively painless, but damn.
Added to the fact that Cinema 4D does not run on Leopard at all for me, and it was a no-brainer to roll back my system. I'll try again after both C4D and Leopard get point releases.
In other news, if all goes well I'll have Big News™ to talk about in a few weeks. So cross your fingers for me and click your ruby slippers. Oh, and for those who're wondering: Blogger decided that it can no longer upload posts to my web space, so for now my blog's address is http://kattkieru.blogspot.com/. Don't know when this problem will be fixed, so change your links. I set the old index to point to the new address until I get things sorted.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home