jesus, another month gone by | 11:23 PM >
I'm typing this sick. I'm also typing this from a Leopard partition on my MacBook Pro. I wasn't sure if all my software would work so I installed it and booted off a USB 2.0 drive. (I also got to the Apple store early enough to get a free t-shirt.)
Let me first say this: holy fuck.
I can't believe the system feels this snappy running off the external drive. It's actually faster-feeling than Tiger, by quite a ways, and the improvements are very welcome. In fact, I've found quite a few unlisted things to like already, especially with the Terminal. Python has finally been updated to 2.51, thank the goddess, and the Dictionary app has a built-in Japanese / English dictionary that is the shit. (Although the first word I looked up, 食感, was not in it. Strangely, the keyboard entry system has a perfectly workable definition, one that's not connected to Dictionary.app.) Most of all, unlike the move from Panther to Tiger, all of the apps I depend on, on a daily basis are working, aside from QuickSilver (whose site isn't even accessible right now -- I bet it's getting hammered with all the Leopard upgrades) and Unity, the latter of which crashes at startup. I can deal without QuickSilver for now, though -- the way Spotlight has been fixed, I can use it as an application launcher just fine.
As far as being sick goes, it's been two weeks now, three if you count the early phase (which I'm trying not to). I had a serious relapse today. Don't know how I did a full day of work and managed to snag Leopard... I'm still delirious.
So I'll leave this post at that. There might be something in my secret blog in a day or two if I can wrap my head around what I'm needing to say. Oh, and for those following the creation of my new book: I'm pretty much done writing Chapter Five. Just need to type it up.
2 Comments:
rather late comment, by why was the first word you looked up 食感?
18 November, 2007 07:36
I think because it was the most recent word my girlfried had taught me at the time. Besides, without 食感 you can't say things like, 「この待ちの脳の食感が悪い。」
That's important zombie lingo, dontcha know.
18 November, 2007 09:57
Post a Comment
<< Home