a minor form of suicide | 4:58 PM >

Maybe when I post my once-weeklies from now on, I'll include sketchbook pages? Click the link for the inspiration. It was quick and there're no shadows, but it was fun.
A lot of this week's been spent thinking about simplifying artistic style. It started with a look through Cartoon Cool, which was incredibly inspiring for me. I'm thinking I might have to sign up for Cartoon Retro (thanks for the link, Mike) because the more I look through the (somewhat softcore) sketches they have there, the more I like the way so many of the lines on the characters have been simplified down almost to nothing. It's like the line of action is right there, in the middle of the characters, and then the lines around are copies of it that have been shifted ever so slightly to imply form and motion.
That's pretty sexy.
Other fun stuff: the last release candidate of Blender v2.43 fixed most of the issues I was having with the new tools. The Redraw Topology and Sculpt Mode tools have slipped into my workflow so slyly I almost can't remember a time when they weren't around. Not that I'm sculpting crazy high-poly masterpieces or anything -- I use the sculpt tool only to fatten or smooth geometry.
Anyway, let me leave you with something hypercephalic.
Labels: blender, sketchbook, youtube
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home