gotta love gore | 12:26 AM >
I finally got a chance to see An Inconvenient Truth. Like everyone I'd read a bunch of stuff on it before, and talked to a lot of people who'd seen it. I even, at a point sometime last year, sat down and calculated my "carbon tax" amount (although not being a member of the automobile elite, it wasn't as bad as I assume some people's must be). But it was a lot like watching Supersize Me -- you hear a lot about it, and think you have a fairly solid idea of how it's going to effect you, and in the end you're blown away by the bits of the picture the film fills in.
I think the thing that's sitting so terribly in my stomach right now isn't the stuff that was said, but rather the stuff that wasn't said about the projected temperature increases being linked to deaths worldwide. I remember how every year in DC folks would die on the hotter days during the summer, and that was in a city used to sweltering heat. What happens when, worldwide, the temperature jumps a few more degrees?
Nothing too much to report on the life front. Most recently I finished a website for the local Alicier Arts Chamber Music group, which you can have a look at here. (Yes, I used tables. Yes, I'm okay with that. The CSS should make up for it.) I think it turned out pretty well. I basically redesigned the entire site from scratch, and even wrote a Python script to generate their photo gallery, which was kind of fun and saved quite a bit of time in the long run. (I'm probably going to repurpose it into a bit of reusable code at a later date.) But yeah, life goes on. Maybe I'll have more to report soon.
I'd like to start posting at least once a week. Maybe if I set a deadline for myself, similar to what I did for my book I'll be able to come up with more interesting things to talk about. I also am more seriously considering a page redesign. I need to redo the main page (the one you probably didn't go to to get here) and add contact information, etceteras, seeing as I'm now the webmaster for two sites and they might actually send people my way who want to hire me.
Incidentally, if you're reading this and want to hire me, I'm kattkieru on yahoo and kattkieru on gmail. Sorry for the lack of link, but you know spam bots. Another trick is going to be posting an obfuscated version of my email link that spam bots can't read with the new redesign.
Anyway, carry on. There's nothing more to see here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home