i am totally boxless: a room with a view [ * ]

on the shores of avalon

23 December 2005

a room with a view [ * ] | 3:57 PM >

Firstly, I am very much not dead. If you're reading this it means I, agaist all odds, managed to make it to Toronto. With all fingers and toes, but little remaining sanity.

fig. 1: my current mental state / 今の僕の状況
Let me put it this way: a 12-hour layover in LAX could give the demons in hell a few lessons. Speaking of which: Good Omens? Not Gaiman's best work, and if Pratchett's stuff is usually like this I'm glad I never tackled Discworld. Yeah, I laughed a bit, but mostly I was just bored. Quick read though; finished it on the plane from Tokyo to LA. Secondly, I should note that I now understand what the difference between a 5-3-2 formation and a 4-4-2 formation is, although unless you're Craig (or my ex-roommate, Parker), you probably won't have the foggiest what I mean by that. Cheltenham (me) got 1-1 against Burscough, and 2-1 vs Manchester United Res. Not bad for having no idea what I'm doing! Thirdly, despite all I did to get here it still didn't sink in that I'd left an entire life behind, really, until I got on the train to come out. I said goodbye to people this morning I never wanted to say goodbye to. I seem to have done quite a lot of that, this life. Anyway, I'll be updating this blog with pictures of my new life as I come by them. In the meantime, miss me. I'm missing you. Dad and I hit Ikea and got some new furniture for my room. He's just moved into a new two-bedroom apartment to satisfy the space requirements of a live-in son, but extra bedroom aside he was woefully underprepared for the sheer bevy of clothing with which I travel (and my five shipped boxes won't arrive for months). As such, my room has that nice new-wood smell to it, which is a nice thing to fall asleep to. And sleep! Jesus, I neglected to mention a startling discovery from this summer's trip home: jetlag is the secret cure for insomnia. Generally I sleep lightly and for short bursts interrupted by fits of being Very Much Awake (you might not be able to tell this by looking at me from the doorway, but anyone who's slept close to me knows that I don't sleep all that much throughout the night). But for as long as I'm jetlagged it's a wonderful thing-- I can sleep and sleep and sleep up to 6 hours in a single sitting. W00t! Okay. Time to put some doors on cabinets. Oh, and I won't be in DC for Christmas or New Years, I think; I'm with the fam in Jersey. Pray I escape.
* * * * *
あらあら。。。どうやら死にませんでした! (^o^)/ 飛ぶのは楽だった。たいてい飛行機に乗る事は僕にすごい心配だ。いつも落ちそうな気持ちがするから。でも今回の旅はあんなに悪くなかった。食べ物が美味しかったし、アテンダントが親切し、パスポートを2回落として見つけた。 父上は僕と暮らす準備の為に新しいアパートへ引越した。カナダ版の2LDKなので、前のつるせのアパートより2倍大きい。床はすべて木だ。窓からのビューは隣の家だけでも、雪が落ちるのが見えるんだ。 雪だ!あちこちいろいろ!僕の心の奥から見たい物だ。雪を見るといつも魂が清まる気がする。 これから母上の所へ行って母上や妹などと一緒にクリスマスをする。母上の町でいっぱい親族も居る。みんな、よいクリスマスを!(日本人が言わない言葉なんだけど僕なら言うんだ。) メールを待ってる人:ごめん。忘れなかったが、時間がかかるからもうちょっと待っててね。 ゆうきへのメセージ: かめはめはあああああぁぁぁぁ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home