i feel as if i've gone totally mad [ * ] | 6:36 AM >
Yesterday I bought a head of broccoli with some chicken, pasta, and olive oil, intent on making a form of Broccoli Rob. This in and of itself is not unheard of. But when I picked up the chicken, there was a voice in the back of my head what bespoke a foul phrase: You don't need that. The greenery is enough. Now, as I sit here eating my masterpiece (dinner last night was interrupted by bicycle riding daredevilry), I find myself thinking, yes, the chicken tastes good, but that broccoli! OH the broccoli! On top of last night's totally vegetarian meal that I voluntarily chose despite having an ample bevy of meat set before me, I can only come to one conclusion: I'm becoming a vegetarian against my will, and that means I'm going insane. I actually got to talk to Molly a few days ago. It made my week, and she sounded good. Friday Hiromi and I watched, Howl's Moving Castle on DVD. (She's got this humongous TV which we'd previously only really used for Sex and the City.) She'd never seen it before, and this was my first time to watch it in pure Japanese again (although I loaded the Japanese subtitles). It's amazing how much difference a year can make. Of Hash and Rabbits: I finally gave up on Animation Master I paid money to have more professional software, software that would be a usable tool towards my animation visions. But when the hammer keeps trying to jump out of your hand, or the handle breaks, when you're trying to pound in simple nails then it's time to get a new hammer. I've really become fed up with the "that's the way it's been done for years and we're not changing" attitude. I'm sick of the bugs. I'm sick of how goddamned slow the program is when you're working on an even remotely complex model. (The texture editor is so slow it's unusable.) So that's it. I spent a chunk of this week exporting my work from AM into Blender, which despite being free is at this point a more professional tool than AM might ever become. I feel annoyed, having wasted quite a bit of time working in and learning AM, but that's alright. I suppose the things I learned aren't wasted. But the exporter doesn't work either, so I'm in the process of cleaning up my rabbit again before I moving on. Prolly going to have to remodel large chunks of him, but that's okay since I have the original as a shape guide.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home